So here are the 20 features that makes OneNote 2007 ROCK! Some of these are kind of repetitive in concept so I’ll boil those down to a more “main concept” post later. So without any further adieu, here are the 20 features that make it ROCK!
- Live Session Sharing – Allows geographically disparate users to whiteboard together i.e. work on the same note pages at the same time.
- Tables – The addition of tables makes it possible to highlight tabular information more precisely than before.
- Calculator – Write up any calculation and end it with an = sign. Press SPACEBAR and vuala OneNote automatically fills in the answer for you.
- Drawing Tools – OK, so this is why OneNote is so much more useful with a tablet PC than a laptop. Nobody is going to be drawing with a mouse, but a pen is an entirely different story.
- Templates – You can now turn pages into templates so if you like to customize your starting page, you can do so.
- Video Recording – On top of the audio recording that you were able to do before, you can now also record video. The indexed notes mean you can simply select a note you took during the recording to jump directly to the location in the video/audio file.
- Drag & Drop Page Organization – Easily rearrange your pages by simply dragging them from their current location and dropping them where you want them to be.
- Hyperlinks – Link to any URL.
- Encryption – Tab sections can be assigned password which then encrypts the content using 3DES for security.
- Multi Computer Sync – Edit the same workbook from multiple computers and OneNote will sync when it’s connected.
- Mobile – Now support for mobile devices.
- Quick Side Notes – Instead of launching OneNote, the system tray icon now launches a quick note window. The quick notes are collected in a grouping in OneNote.
- Web to OneNote – Using Tools/Send to OneNote in IE you can send entire web pages, even just the selected text to a OneNote Quick Note.
- OCR – Using any image that you past into a note, right click the image and select “Copy Text from Image”. The clipboard now contains the text and it can be pasted anywhere.
- OneNote Printer – A special printer is added to your printer list that enables you to print anything directly to OneNote. Once in OneNote, you can annotate and edit over the top of the printout.
- Send to Word – OneNote content can be sent to Word.
- PowerPoint Integration – You can insert PowerPoint slides into OneNote and annotate over the top.
- Excel Integration – The addition of tables allows you to copy any table from Excel and past it to OneNote.
- File Attachments – Any files can be attached and edited from a page.
- Lasso – This is kind of a free hand selection tool. It allows you to select ink content and move it around the page.
Trackback from your site.