This is a prerequisite to Installing PowerPivot for SharePoint into an EXISTING SharePoint Farm. PowerPivot seems to work just fine being installed together with a clean install of SharePoint, but when you already have SharePoint installed and try to add PowerPivot… all hell breaks loose. I was never able to find proper documentation on how to pull this off and managed to hack and debug my way through it like Holmes unraveling a mystery. Hopefully this will save someone else some time and frustration…
- Logon to your server with the SharePoint service account.
- Download and run the appropriate setup package for the target version (x64 or x86) of your farm http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=180629
- Click “Run” to execute the install package.
- On the Welcome screen, click “Next”.
- Check the “I accept the terms of the License Agreement” check box and click “Next” to continue.
- Select the folder location to which you wish to install and finally click “Install”.
- The installation should complete successfully.
Trackback from your site.