As you know, the SharePoint 2010 Beta bits dropped today. So now the question is… what’s next? If you’re a SharePoint Cowboy you’ve probably already downloaded the bits and fired them up in a TEST environment. You DID do it in TEST, right?
Anyway, so if you’re a cowboy, this post is probably not for you. If on the other hand, you want some guidance, then read on!
- NOTE: This installation assumes another SQL Server installation on the current server or another server, to be used for the installation. After downloading the Beta bits, locate the install file. On my VM it was named “en_office_sharepoint_server_2010_beta_x64_x16-19249.exe”. Double click the EXE to start the installation.
- SharePoint will begin the extraction of files.
- Once the files are extracted, SharePoint will present you with the install screen.
- Once you’ve done some reading in the “Prepare” section, proceed and click the “Install software prerequisites” link in the “Install” section and SharePoint will present you with the Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies 2010 Preparation Tool.
- When you click “Next”, SharePoint will present you with the standard EULA. Read the EULA and then check the “I accept the terms of the License Agreement(s)” checkbox to enable the Next button.
- Once you click the “Next” button, SharePoint will proceed with installing the prerequisites.
- Once the prerequisites have been installed, you should see the “Installation Complete” window.
- Click the “Finish” button and then click the “Install SharePoint Server” link in the Install section. SharePoint will present you with the Product Key screen.
- Enter the product key that you got from MSDN and then click “Continue”. SharePoint will present you with the Software License screen.
- Once you agree with the license terms, click the “I accept the terms of this agreement” checkbox and then click “Continue”. SharePoint will present you with the Installation Type Choice screen.
- Click “Server Farm”. SharePoint will present you with the Server Type screen.
- On the Server Type tab, Select “Complete”.
- On the File Location tab, you can select alternative installation locations before clicking “Install Now”.
- After clicking “Install Now”, SharePoint will proceed to conduct the installation.
- Once complete, you’ll be presented with the Run Configuration Wizard screen. If you wish to run the Config Wizard right away, leave the checkbox checked. If not, simply uncheck the checkbox. Finally, click “Close”. The configuration steps will be the topic of my next post.
Trackback from your site.